Friday 11 January 2013

Iyanya Open Up- Fraud Allegation


Reigning Afro hip hop act, Iyanya Mbuk who was accused by popular show organizer, Opa Williams of defrauding him to the tune of N1.7 million being payment for the singer's performance at "Nite of A Thousand Laughs' shows which held recently in Benin and Port-Harcourt, has reacted to the allegation.
Iyanya who was compelled to address the press last Tuesday following the allegation denied the arrest of his Manager. Though, he admitted that the police invited them, he said they didn't spend close to 1-hour at the police station before they were allowed to go their way.

Opa Williams,the producer of Nigeria's foremost comedy show, 'Nite of a Thousand Laughs' reported Iyanya to the police for allegedly collecting N1.7 million from him being payment for the singer's performance at 'Nite of a Thousand Laughs' shows which held in Benin and Port Harcourt few days ago. Unfortunately, the Kukere crooner never showed up at any of the shows.
According to him, the reason they couldn't make the Benin and Port Harcourt shows was because of the fact that they were stuck in a traffic while on their way to the venue.
"I didn't intentionally refuse to show up at the show. What happened was that Opa contacted me to perform at the Benin leg of "Night Of A Thousand Laughs." We agreed for N1.7million but he paid me only N1.5 million, promising to pay the balance of N200,000,00 after the show. Later, he told me that he wanted us to perform in another show at Port Harcourt but he didn't pay me for the Port-Harcourt show.
However, I agreed to perform at both shows out of respect I have for Opa and I was in Benin for the show. Unfortunately, while I was on on my way to the venue, I got stuck in a traffic. That was when I got a call that the show had already ended. Meanwhile, I was scheduled to close the show."
However, contrary to reports that he was paid N1.7m, the Kukere crooner said, Opa Williams paid him only N1.5 million, promising to pay the balance of N200,000,000 after the show.
When asked if he has refunded the money to Opa Williams, Iyanya answered in the affirmative. " Yes, I refunded the money through an Access Bank cheque immediately."
According to him, "when I couldn't make it to the shows, Opa showed up with some policemen who took us to the police station. And like I said earlier, we didn't spend close to 1- hour at the station. All they asked for was a refund. There and then, I issued a cheque to Opa which was cashed immediately. They didn't detain us. I have since apologised to Opa for missing the shows."
Source: AllAfrica.com
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a vеry еasy on the eyes
    whіch makeѕ it much more ρleasant for me tο
    come here and visit mоrе оften. Diԁ you hirе out a designer to create youг theme?
    Outstandіng ωorκ!

    Also νisit my ωeb blog ... what size fire basket do i need

    ReplyDelete

Say Something about this Post