Saturday 12 January 2013

WOW Ladun Liadi Gives to Widows & the Needy




 Wow Ladun You keep Impressing me wow i can't just stop shouting wow.... God will help you oo
Ladun Liadi is a Journalist and a blogger (www.ladunliadi.blogspot.com) in the country. She reports news, entertainment and happenings in the society. She has been in the Journalism field for four years.
She has been invited on several occasions as a key speaker at various events. She has also been a subject of discussion on several Television Stations, Radio Stations, Newspapers and online programs.
She has hosted various celebrities in the past ranging from entertainers, politicians and philanthropists in the society.
Her passion and love for the less privileged in the society, the neglect of the aged, widows and children, the inability of Government to care for the poor and the general breakdown of the care system in the country accounts for part of the reason why she has decided to take up this challenge.
Lol that is what they introduced me as. Our aims and objectives, mission and goals will come up as soon as possible.
But meanwhile, I told them I want to be the one to introduce our first post. I don’t want it to be boring, because to me, this shouldn’t be. It is a thing of Joy; it is something God has commanded, so let us do it with gladness.
Before I start, let me quickly say this. This is NOT a show off. To the glory of God and to the shame of the devil, most of you know I have a popular blog and I can use that to attain whatever publicity I want. Please, Ladun didn’t do this because of anyone. I have been doing this for a long time, right from my secondary school days. May be not giving food to people, but I give out cash a lot (from my pocket money). Even to my friend’s parents.
The only reason why I am putting this up is because; I want people to know that you must not be a millionaire or celebrity before you start giving. You shouldn’t say, well I have not built my own house or have different cars in my garage so I can’t give.
The question should be, if Ladun can do this, then why can’t I. Finally, believe me, I was forced to put this up. Honestly I hate exposing myself. But the truth is I intend to take this serious. This is my second job. Helping the widows and the needy in the society and that is final.
So the day before yesterday, 22nd of December, we went to ALAPAKO Village in Ifo. We decided to go there because no organization has ever paid them a visit before now according to the Village Head (Baale). Let me take you through ‘our fun’ journey. 
The turning into the village from the express road
Another signpost directing us to the village
Still on our way to the village
Still on our way. It took us an extra 30mins to get to the village when we left the express road. It was quite far.
Finally getting closer to the village
...Another picture of the village
The first person we saw.  
 ...And this  
 Welcome to ALAPAKO Village
The Village Head (Baale)
Some of the kids that came to welcome us. We asked them to pose for a picture 
This man is one of the few educated people they have in Alapako village. After the Baale spoke to us, he welcomed us and we started distributing what we brought.
Some of the gifts (above). There was rice, vegetable oil, sachet tomatoes, maggi and salt inside each carrier bag. And we gave it out to 104 villagers. 




Mama also came out to collect hers.

A pose with some of the women 





We were told there is an old woman who is a widow and cannot walk. So we went to deliver her gift to her at home.

Lastly, Baale with his own gifts. One of his children carrying the gifts inside. Those are the few pics we can put up for now.
As a matter of fact, the Baale wanted us to take one of his kids with us to Lagos. He complained of lack of money, care and so many things. So we gave him some cash and told him we will be back soon. I mean, who will want to give out his son to a total stranger, if not for poverty. We hope some kind hearted Nigerians are reading this and will be willing to join hands with us to do this together for humanity. There are still a lot of places to visit and we still can’t ignore Alapako village too. Thank You so much.
 

5 comments:

Say Something about this Post